Becoming a Member
By becoming a member of the Mt Cheeseman Ski Club Inc you can enjoy many benefits and substantial savings.
- Be part of the Cheeseman community – new friends, good times and a place to call your own
- Winter season lift pass – ski / board anytime throughout the winter
- Priority bookings
- Discounted accommodation
- Discounted holiday packages – compare our rates!
- Monthly Cheeseman Chat and regular E-News during the year
- Year round access to facilities
Cheeseman is a great place to surround yourself with like-minded people in a fantastic alpine environment. We invite you to become part of all this.
|Early Bird (if paid by 31st Jan 2016) plus 2 work party days completed:||$325||$225||$125||$700|
|Membership plus 2 work party days completed:||$350||$250||$150||$750|
|In Season / Out of Towner Membership (includes work party buyout):||$600||$500||$150||$1250|
Prices quote are current as of 1 January 2016, are NZ dollars and GST inclusive.
Adult = 18 years and over at 1 January 2016.
Student = 18 years and over with student ID (please send copy as evidence).
Youth = 10 to 17 years at 1 January 2016.
* Family membership = To qualify for a family membership, families can be any combination of a minimum THREE maximum FOUR immediate family members including at least ONE adult (maximum TWO adults) and at least ONE student, youth or child. Maximum 2 additional family members can be added, (surcharges apply), however,only a student, youth or child.
How to Join
- Complete our application form and include a passport style photo (preferably sent electronically). Download the application form
- Complete two work party days (this may be done as a weekend or as two separate days) if you are an adult member or student. This is a great way to get to know other members and contribute to the running of the club. If you are unable to complete your work party days then you need to pay the alternative levy or $250 for two work party days with your subscription payment ($125 per day).Note that for additional work party days you will receive vouchers that you can use for accommodation or ski/board lessons.
- Pay your subscription.
Register any children under 10 years on the parent’s application form so they will receive a season pass (no subscription required).
You will be issued with your season pass just prior to the start of winter providing you have completed your work party days or paid the alternative levy.
As a member you must abide by the Constitution of the Mt Cheeseman Ski Club Inc. Click Here To Download Our Constitution. Note that in the future should you wish to discontinue your membership, you must provide us with a resignation letter (either written or email). This should be given to the Committee prior to the Annual General Meeting otherwise you will be invoiced for further subscriptions.
If you wish to temporarily discontinue your active membership you can apply (in writing or email) to change to Non-Active status. A Non-Active member has no rights and is not eligible for active member benefits but will receive Cheeseman Chat and E-News. To become an active member again you must provide a written request to change your status and pay the appropriate subscription.
Click Here to download our 2016 Annual Report
Click Here to download our 2015 Annual Report
Click Here to download our 2014 Annual Report
Historically work parties have been the “making of our Club”. These provide an opportunity to get to know others as you work alongside them to achieve a common goal. You get to see the mountain terrain without snow, have fun and make a difference. It’s a way of learning about what need to be done to maintain or improve or ski area and facilities. Your contribution helps create a personal feeling of ownership and belonging. By being part of this everyone learns to value and respect the effort that goes in to making our Club what it is.
Some tasks depend on people-power (many hands make light work) and others may require some specialist knowledge – there are opportunities for all! Make sure you let us know what skills you can offer – it’s beneficial for people to do what they know and are good at.
Look out for work party dates that will be advertised in the Cheeseman Chat and E-News and contact the organiser to register. Check details about start times, meeting place and what tools etc to bring. Overnight accommodation is available free of charge for work parties. Everyone brings their own food. If staying overnight then the evening meal is usually communal – the typical meal is roast chicken pieces and vegetables. It’s a combined effort to prepare the evening meal and clean up.
You don’t need to limit yourself to the minimum 2 days as you will receive vouchers (that can be used for accommodation or ski/board lessons) for any additional completed work party days.
Work parties are one of the unique aspects of belonging to a Club. Consider what you can do for our Club rather than just thinking of what the Club offers you!