The annual “P&I’s” is a fantastic day of racing where kids representing their schools participate as individuals and teams. There are medals for individual age group winners, and if you have entered as a team, the much coveted overall team trophy for both Primary and Intermediate school teams.
The ski and snowboard race event consists of a dual slalom course for boys and girls of all age groups from Year 1 to Year 8. The emphasis is on fun, and introducing kids to the excitement of ski-racing. No previous ski-racing experience is necessary, merely sufficient skill to ride a T-bar Ski Lift and ski groomed, easy slopes.
Perfect for the whole family to enjoy, most of the children’s time will be spent skiing and boarding freely or enjoying the other activities on the day, including a giant lolly scramble following prize giving!
IMPORTANT DATES AND INFORMATION
- Sunday 13th August: Race Registrations Closes – Entrants limited to 180 so whichever comes first.
Sunday 20th August 2023: P&I RACE DAY!
- Sunday 27 August 2023: Postponement Day
- How to get to Cheeseman
- For mountain and road information or updates on postponements, view our Full Mountain Report
- Contact for More Information | E email@example.com
Race order will be set on the day and posted at the registration desk.
|8.00am – 9.45am
|9.00am – 9.30am
||Visual Course Inspection
RACE REGISTRATION DETAILS
- Entrants are restricted to 180 max.
- ENTRY FEE: $50 per racer, all age groups. Full payment is required at the time of registration which covers either: Ski Race, Snowboard Race or Both Ski and Snowboard Races.
- On completion of payment, you will be required to complete the GUEST FORM for each individual racer which includes consent from a parent/guardian.
- All race participants receive
- one full day lift pass
- one discount voucher for a full day lift pass for parent or supervising adult
- TEAM SUPERVISOR LIFT PASS: Each school team will receive one complimentary full day lift pass for the Race Day Team Supervisor.
- NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON RACE DAY.
- No replacements of participants permitted on race day except at the discretion of the Race Organizer.
- All substitutes must be phoned through to the race organizer on the mountain by 2pm the day prior to official race date. T: (03) 318 8794
- Late entries received after registration closes will only be accepted at the discretion of the organizer. A late entry surcharge of $20 per racer will apply.
MT CHEESEMAN SKI AREA RACE POLICY
Please read the below and ensure that you are conversant with our policy.
- It is compulsory for ALL racers to wear helmets
- Race uniforms i.e. racing suits/jackets are NOT to be worn
- All competitors compete as individuals. For the team event, a point system allocated to the top 5 (five) place getters to determine team results.
- Teams are:
- Primary – Years 1 to 6
- Intermediate – Years 7 & 8
- Ski teams must have a minimum of 4 members. There is no fixed format for a team entry, schools may enter any combination of age and gender.
- The ski race will be a dual slalom ski course against the clock on 2 (two) parallel courses, a red and a blue course, over a short distance marked by light flexible racing poles. Everyone has one (1) run on each course, and results are calculated from both runs.
- The snowboard race will run in the same manner as the skiers, towards the end of the race schedule. Classes of age groups will be dependent on number of entrants’
- Course inspections shall be solely at the discretion of the Chef De Course determined on the day. There will be no pre-runs except by the pre-designated forerunners. Any abuse of this rule may result in the disqualification of the offending racers.
- The overall winning ski teams (primary and intermediate) will be awarded a trophy each. Medals will be awarded to individual 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed boys and girls. The age group categories are
- Group 1: Year 1 & 2
- Group 2: Year 3 & 4
- Group 3: Year 5 & 6
- Intermediate: Year 7 & 8.
- Primary & Intermediate Risk Analysis Plan – 2023
- Race Day Supervisors: On arrival on race day, please report to REGISTRATION DESK located in the day lodge, to pick up the team envelope containing bibs, lift tickets and vouchers. Team Supervisor Information will be distributed once entries have been received.
If Mt Cheeseman Ski Club Inc (the Club) has to cancel the event and no postponement date is available, a full refund will be provided. All withdrawals from race entry must be provided in writing and the date at which they are received will apply the following:
- 7-14 days prior to event: 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- 0-7 days prior to event: 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- No Show: 100% cancellation fee will apply.