Covid-19 Operational ProtocolsDelta Level 2 – September 2021
Under Delta Level 2 our operation is a little different than usual. It is important you take note of the following Covid-19 protocols so that you, our staff and everyone else visiting the mountain, firstly has an enjoyable day, but most importantly stays safe.
Its down to everyone to play by the rules and we are placing trust in everyone to abide by them. We will be ensuring that guests are sticking to the below protocols and in some areas, if required enforcing them, as many of these requirements are non-negotiable.
What we all need to do at Delta Level 2 to stay safe at Cheeseman
- Please, stay at home if you are unwell.
- Record keeping is a requirement and all visitors must check-in using either the NZ COVID Tracer App or signing in manually using the forms provided.
- QR codes have been placed at strategic points across the ski area, including the front gate off SH73, the unload parking area, the Day Lodge and Ticket office.
- If you are unable to sign in using the app, you must record your details manually on the check-in forms located in the the Daylodge.
- Face coverings are now mandatory at Delta Level 2 for:
- Everyone when indoors, including our rentals department and the Day Lodge, through you may take them off to eat and drink.
- Everyone when riding any of the lifts and
- when you cannot maintain physical distance from people you do not know
- Social distancing at indoor venues and queues of any type have also increased, from 1 metre previously, to 2 metres under the new Delta Level 2.
- We also ask that you maintain a 2-metre distance from people outside your bubble in uncontrolled areas such as on the slopes and carpark.
- We will NOT be accepting any cash for transactions. EFTPOS, Mastercard, and Visa are available and contactless payment via pay wave is encouraged.
- We maintain our high standard of cleaning and have increased the frequency of cleaning for high use / risk areas, and we will be following government guidelines regarding the use of PPE.
- Wash your hands frequently, cough/sneeze into your elbow, and use hand sanitizer provided.
- Be Kind and please be patient while we traverse through this changed environment
Lifts & Queues
- You MUST maintain a 1 metre social distance between yourself and people outside your bubble at the lift load areas
- Only ride our T-Bars with someone from your bubble.
- You MUST wear gloves when riding the lifts
- You MUST wear facing coverings when riding all lifts (Buffs are acceptable)
Day Lodge – Ticket Office & Cafe
- You MUST maintain a 2 metre social distancing when queuing at the Ticket Office windows.
- During quieter days lift tickets will be sold from the Café counter.
- A one-way system is in place throughout the Daylodge and Café area. Please observe the arrows and instructions along with maintaining social distancing of 2 metres.
- We have reduced seating capacity in the Daylodge and on the deck to ensure social distancing.
- You must maintain a 2 metre social distance between yourself and people outside of your bubble.
- A maximum capacity of 50 people will be permitted in the Daylodge at any one time.
- Because of this, on busy days, under Delta Level 2, the Daylodge will not have sufficient space for everyone and your belongings.
- Pack light for the day and be prepared to have to base yourself at your car – use it for storing your belongings, resting, and boot picnicking!
- We maintain our high standard of cleaning and have increased the frequency of these cleaning protocols to high touch areas such as our bathroom facilities, table surfaces, and doors.
Day Lodge – Rentals
- Equipment available will be limited to Ski’s, boards, boots, and poles.
- A one-way system is operating with entrance from the exterior of the Daylodge only.
- Max of 2 people or a family / group bubble at any one time in the rentals.
Snowline Lodge & Forest Lodge
- Unfortunately due to the nature of the Delta variant and the new much tighter restrictions and protocols for accommodation under the Delta Level 2, we are unable to reopen Snowline Lodge for this winter season.
- Forest Lodge Ltd are reviewing their operations and are hoping to re-open under Backpacker regulations with tight protocols and procedures in place. Rooms will be available to bubbles and there will be reduced guest capacity. Please go to their website for further info.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Sing out if you have any questions, our staff would be happy to answer or help you out.
We are all excited to be open again and are looking forward to welcoming you on the slopes.
The team at Cheeseman.