Mountain Update – 24 July – Let It Snow Please…..
Hi folks,For the first time in several years, we are facing a tough start to the season.As many of you will be aware, we are patiently awaiting more snow at Cheeseman so we can open. We have a thin base of snow over most of the mountain but unfortunately its still not enough to allow us to safely open the lifts and you favorite ski runs. The temps up here are cold but we still need in the region of 30 – 40 cms to open so at the moment its a waiting game we are playing with Mother Nature!

We have had to cancel the first couple of Ski Weeks, although a great bunch of clubbies still went up for the second week of the school holidays and to enjoyed an awesome alpine getaway. As they say, the worst day on the mountain is still better than the best day in town!


Just enough snow on the learners area to build some jumps during week 2 of the holidays!


Our fantastic bunch of staff are still standing by and are just are eager as you to get the season underway! Many of them have been taking the opportunity to do some travelling and taking in some of New Zealands great outdoors and thanks to our Club members who have opened their homes to our staff as a place to base themselves from.This situation is not new to us and as a club we have been here before. There will be some of you who can recall the slow start to the season due to lack of snow in 2005 – it wasn’t until early August that we got a big dump and then it was all go!Everything is primed and ready to roll, all we need is the snow!

You can check in regularly to our snow report for further updates on snow and opening for the 2014 season.

We will keep you updated.

Cheers from Cam & the Cheeseman Crew


Published on Thursday, July 24th, 2014, under News

Leave a Reply